Sunday, May 15, 2011

Event notices

I got a couple of event notices this past week that I thought I would pass along.


1. The Girlfriends' Half Marathon (Vancouver, WA) registration is close to selling out... like the Hippie Chick Half, they cap registration at 3,000 every year and also like HCH they sell out every year. So if you're interested, go to this link and sign up soon! Proceeds go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure® fund... A great way for women to help other women. Look forward to seeing you out there!


2. Pints to Pasta 10K (Portland, OR) registration opened up this week. This is one of my favorite runs from the past year. It's a fun event and the course is almost entirely downhill... it goes from an elevation of 200 ft to an elevation just slightly below sea level... plus it's an excellent excuse to eat carbs in the form of spaghetti and quaff an excellent Widmer Brothers' Brew all before 10am! Go to the race details page here.


And on a completely different note, here are the times/distances for my last two runs. I find it interesting that one of my worst runs and one of my best runs were back to back. I have some theories as to why today's was so good, but mostly I was just happy to get through my run today and still feel pretty good at the end.

Today's Run
6.91 Miles
80 Minutes
5.2 mph

Thursday's Run
6.4 Miles
80 Minutes
4.8 mph

1 comment:

thewwchick said...

I'll be chugging down some gluten come pints to pasta day!!!! Lol