Monday, May 2, 2011

Just a quick note...

I finally did it... based on all my blog entries since the first of the year, I went back and made a log for all the miles I have run (but I didn't count any of my cross-training days which included more walking miles and time on the elliptical). From January 1 to April 30, I ran a total of 360.7 miles which averages out to just a little over 90 miles a month. It was interesting to go back and see the improvements I have made in just the last few months. In January my long runs were around 7 miles and that was work for me... now my long runs are about 12 miles of running, often with another couple miles of walking thrown in! Wow... when it happens over time, you forget about where you've come from... even though it really hasn't been that long. It's kind of exciting to see and I would encourage those of you who haven't done so to this point to start keeping track of your progress. It might not be happening at the rate at which you think it should be happening, but just keep in mind that as long as you keep going, changes are happening... no matter how incremental... and what feels like tiny changes right now will add up over time to make for much larger leaps than you might have ever imagined!