Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It seems I'm always learning something from long run days!

Monday was long run day. Well, at least it wasn't horrible! It had been a couple of weeks since I'd run over 10 miles in any single outing, so I guess that should make me feel a little bit better about it. I'm a week behind my original training schedule, but I'm not going to get too worked up over it. The original schedule had planned for a 17 mile run before the half. I'm thinking now that I probably won't end up being quite that ambitious. I'm now thinking that the 15 mile week will probably be my longest before the half. Since this is my first half marathon ever, my goal has been more about crossing the finish line than actually having a super time (relatively speaking), so I'm trying to stick to a plan, but I'm also trying hard not to get too worked up if the plan doesn't come off exactly as I'd laid it out many weeks ago. This whole training experience is a learning process... learning from those things that are going well AND those things that aren't working out exactly as I'd hoped!

Monday's Run
11.01 Miles
2:13:30
4.9 mph

No comments: