Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sometimes little things can make me really happy!

My week is kind of topsy turvy this week, so I decided to switch things around a bit. I won't be able to run my long run on Friday, so I wanted to shift everything up so I could run it Thursday if I chose. Anyway, my decision to start my run week a little early was further reinforced by what a beautiful day it was for a run today. The temp wasn't too high and the sun was out. My only complaint at all would be that there was a bit more breeze than I would have liked... but that seems like maybe just complaining for complaining's sake, since you couldn't even call it wind, it was just a strong breeze!

Anyway, even on truly lovely days like today, sometimes it's nice to have little rewards for yourself for your accomplishments. My goal/reward today was to make it to a gorgeous spot on the river not too far from my house. I had already run most of my run by this point, so it was nice to be able to stop and take a couple of pictures before heading up the crazy steep hill to get out of the river basin (see the huge dip before the steep climb at mile 5.2... that's where this picture was taken).

I know to some of you stopping to take a picture might not seem like a huge reward, but this is a nice serene spot with almost zero traffic since it is a residential street. A great place to stop and just spend a Zen moment... besides, rewarding myself with a giant pizza and hot fudge sundae when I get home just seems a little counter productive!
I hope everyone has a great week and is able to get out there, do a little running, and find a nice (appropriate) reward for your accomplishment!

Today's Run
6.81 Miles
80 Minutes
5.1 mph

No comments: