Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yea! I got a long run in this week!

Well, yesterday Heather and I decided to do our long run. We ran the same route we did the last time we got together... complete with our stop at McD's.  I really like this route even though it is quite a bit more than our 12 miles of running. And even though I wasn't feeling 100% on top of my game, I think we both did really well. Although I never count exactly how many times I walk during any given long run, I am pretty sure there was quite a bit less walking in yesterday's run than there had been the last time we did this route together.  I didn't have the killer run that Heather had.

If you look at her blog she was at a super cruising speed for quite a bit of it. During the road part of the run I'm pretty content to just let Heather go at her own pace. It makes me feel better that I'm not dragging her down with my own less than stellar pace, plus it provides a little bit of inspiration for me to see her out ahead of me and know that I have to keep going to catch up! Fortunately, she did slow down for me during the trail parts of the run so we could keep an eye on each other. Neither one of us is comfortable running these trails by ourselves... just seems like you'd be inviting trouble.

After the run I also didn't feel nearly as wiped out from it as I had the last time we got together. Yes, I was incredibly sore... in fact I can't remember the last time my hamstrings hurt so much, but I didn't feel like I was going to have to lay down on the sidewalk and let the pedestrians go around my limp body... which I did seriously think about on several occasions during our last get together. LOL!

My schedule for the rest of the week is filling up like crazy, so I'm glad that we took advantage of the window of opportunity that presented itself yesterday. Now I can get through the rest of the week feeling accomplished for having completed this. Yea Me! Yea Heather... thanks!



Yesterday's Run
12 Miles (Run)
Approx 1.6 Miles (Walk)
Time: ??? Approx 2:25:00 - based on Heather's time and how far behind I was lagging!
Pace: 5.0

1 comment:

thewwchick said...

We ROCK! You didn't stop to walk nearly as often as usual. You're for sure getting stronger.

That rock at the top of the big hill, the one with my sweaty ass print embedded in the moss, is my new BFF. I will pay it a visit each time I reach the top of the killer hill. I wish you could have seen the look on my face when I realize I wasn't at the top like I thought I was! lol