Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big sigh of relief!

Yea! This is shaping up to be a much better week than last week. Technically, this is supposed to be a taper week for me since I am running a half on Sunday, but basically what I've decided is that I mostly just won't do a long run this week... okay, and maybe I'll reduce the amount of time on my workouts toward the end of the week. We'll see.

Since I'm really not running the half with any kind of new stellar time in mind (since I wasn't even planning on running this one until just a few weeks ago!), I'd much rather keep my focus on having good, strong daily workouts since health and weight loss are my primary goals for my running anyway. Being able to complete a half marathon is just kind of an added bonus that keeps my workout life interesting!

I hadn't originally planned on running today, but I hopped on the treadmill (fully intending to do a hill climbing session) and felt like running for a bit... it felt pretty good so I ended up running for a full 7 miles. It's so nice to feel good after a workout, unlike last week where almost everything was just an exercise in physical and mental torment.


BTW, I have run over 515 miles so far this year... Well on track for a 1,000+ mile year. Yea me!

Today's Run
7.0 miles
82:57
5.1 mph

Yesterday's Run
7.0 miles
81:15
5.2 mph

1 comment:

thewwchick said...

Glad to hear you're having a better week!