Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yea for Boudreax's!!!

While I was writing about body parts chaffing the other day, I started thinking about my secret weapon in the war against the rashes that develop when you forget to put on your Lycra-infused exercise clothing or don’t bother with the petroleum jelly or Glide stick for those ‘sensitive’ areas.

Okay, I confess, this really isn’t my own personal secret, but it is the recommendation of my running buddy/sister-in-law, Heather, who has been doing this longer than I have.

The answer - as embarrassing or just plain strange as it might seem on the surface – diaper rash cream. More specifically, Boudreax’s Butt Paste. Now, this is a diaper rash cream I had never heard of before (it’s certainly not one of the more widely known varieties and, given that I don’t have any kids, my opportunities for experimenting with diaper rash remedies has been limited) but it is a wonder treatment for all kinds of rashes, but the ones experiences most often by runners are heat rashes from places rubbing together that were never meant to rub together… especially for those of us who don’t weigh in at ninety-five pounds. 

I’m not sure what the magical ingredients are in Boudreax’s that make it so wonderful… it’s basically zinc and balsam… so maybe it’s the ratio of the ingredients… or maybe it’s some kind of magical fairy dust… I really don’t care. I just know that this stuff works. If I get heat rash, I put a dab of Boudreax’s on my rash right after my morning shower and usually by that evening the rash is either dissipated or at the very least, significantly reduced. And the bonus (like you really need one when it comes to reliably getting rid of heat rash)… it even smells kind of… nice. Now, I’m not saying that I’d go voting it in as the next scent for an aerosol air freshener, but it’s certainly not offensive and even better, people won’t go around sniffing you and thinking you smell like a baby with diaper rash!

Okay, now that I’ve shared my secret and given my unsolicited plug for the day, you can all go back to your regularly scheduled programming…

Today's Run
Miles: 6.22
Time: 1:15
Pace: 4.9 mph
Part Street/Part Treadmill

2 comments:

thewwchick said...

Boudreax’s rocks! Those of us fighting the battle of "chub rub" will forever be grateful to the inventor!

Do you have ANY idea how many tubes of the stuff we've gone through in this household over the years? Between 2 breastfed babies (I *swear* they poop more than formula fed babies) & a running mama....we're keeping that company in business. lmao

Anonymous said...

I want to start running this year and will definitelt try that to avoid rashes - thanks for the tip!