Monday, January 31, 2011

Yea for Me!

I am happy to announce that yesterday's run was SO much better than Friday's run. I got out and even within the first 5 minutes, I could tell it was going to be a pretty good one. The weather, while not super warm or sunny, was at least dry and it was temperate enough that I could have left my gloves at home (my fingers are usually the first thing to start complaining when I get chilled). My stride was feeling good, I was loose and I didn't feel like every step I took was an exercise in torture.

In fact, yesterday, I ran all the way up one of the hills in my neighborhood without stopping. It's not the worst hill in the neighborhood, and it's certainly not the length or steepness of the horrible one that my sis-in-law has to deal with, but its one of the ones I have to navigate no matter what if I want get anyway in our neighborhood.

That being said, I will confess that I did stop and walk for about 30 seconds once I reached the top of the hill, and my form in getting there would have Steve Prefontaine absolutely cringing in embarrassment, but no matter what, I was super excited to have made it to the top. I only wish every run could be this good!


Yesterday's Run
Miles: 6.22
Time: 1:15
Pace: 5.0 mph
Street Run

2 comments:

thewwchick said...

You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't it feel great to kick that hill right in the ass? YAY!

TX Runner Mom said...

I just found your blog and look forward to reading more!